[meteorite-list] Tunguska

From: Herbert Raab <hraab2006_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 10:41:47 +0200 (CEST)

Zelimir Gabelica wrote:

> maybe also some squeezed rings possibly due to growth
> slowing down for a couple of years after the blast (must
> check this though).

That\'s interesting. I also have a full slice (cut during one of
Kulik\'s expeditions in the 1930\'s) and it clearly shows much
*wider* rings after 1908. I remember to have read some-
where (unfortunately, I can\'t remember where) that this is
because, after parts of the trees in the dense wood fell down
or died, more sunlight and nutriments where left for the
surviving trees.

  Cheers, Herbert