[meteorite-list] Tunguska

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Zelimir.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 09:28:12 +0200

In Ensisheim, Giorgio and Lina Tomelleri offered such wood cuts in the
2003-2005, show period, perhaps also in 2006. I did not see any in 2007 on
their table.

I am the happy owned of one such cut (full slice) and it appears quite
spectacular as it still shows burnt areas (supposed to be traces of the
great fire in 1908), maybe also some squeezed rings possibly due to growth
slowing down for a couple of years after the blast (must check this though).
Nothing was mentioned regarding material imbedded. I'll have a closer look
on that through some magnifier, hoping Michael is right.

Zelimir

A 13:33 23/10/2007 -0700, dean bessey a ?crit :