[meteorite-list] Bad allignment of the stars or what?

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 10:34:03 -0700 (PDT)

Ok list, this has all gone too far now, from myself
and many others.
Carancas was an event that should be mobilizing the
meteorite world, rallying us in excitement for a
unique event.
Instead it seems to have driven many of us over the
edge and past the limits of good conduct on the net.

I thought about this all the way home from Colombia
yesterday. I am still receiving daily emails from
certain people, none of them good. It drives me mad, a
character flaw of mine. I don't drink, I don't smoke,
I do get angry way too easy. I know it, accept it, and
try to limit the problem, without success here at
times.

I came to a realization last night, that it doesn't
matter what these people say, the detractors of mine.
>From now on, I will ignore them, or refute their
accusations with simple, non-confrontational and
rational statements. I am tired of these arguments,
which drag me down into the muck where I know these
people want me to be.

I have a drive in me to go to these meteorite falls,
to recover pieces, and do not like to be hit from
every side every time I do it. But I realize now that
it will never stop, so I will roll with it and try to
be a little more careful in my discussions, and
totally ignore certain people. This way hopefully we
can work together to keep the list from degenerating
to name calling every time there is a meteorite fall.
It is unhelpful to anyone.

List members, I am truly sorry for losing my temper
and being part of dragging the list down. I will focus
on my place in the meteorite world, and continue to
work hard and travel the world to provide pieces for
both science and collectors and ignore those who seek
to drag me down for whatever motivation they have.

Michael Farmer