[meteorite-list] INTERVIEW WITH CARANCAS LOCALS

From: David Weir <dgweir_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 05:58:24 -0400

quoted from Sterling's article:

"I did not think that a planet
piece has fallen down, or anything like that, but at that
moment, I thought that we have been attacked by an
enemy, from the air. Then, I thought that there was one
[plane] alone. I have looked at the air, to see where is
the plane that has bombed us this way, more or less
imagining it. [But] it had not been like that. Then I said
that it goes to finish off one more place, no more for us."

I find it mind-boggling that a a tiny rundown corrupt "village" (really
a squalor) would thing that someone was attacking those destitute people
to steal perhaps the garbage in the streets?, or maybe to steal the
human waste from the around their shacks?! Who the heck would invade
Carancas? That fear must be genetically ingrained in their brains
because it isn't a reasoned consideration.

David