[meteorite-list] AD - Mali Meteorite eBay and Others Ending

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 14:29:59 -0400

Dear List Members,

I have put my last four available pieces of the Mali material up on eBay
under my seller name, NaturesVault. Here are the direct links to these very
fresh and ideally-priced individuals:

Mali Meteorites Available:
601 gram (60% Primary/40% secondary fusion crust)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170159284760&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=007
519 gram (Gorgeous!!!)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170159285425&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=007
257 gram (95% crust, very nice piece)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170159285895&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=007
148 gram (very interesting stone, nice shape!)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170159286482&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=007

Starting in just a few minutes, my new angrite, NWA 4801, will start to end
on eBay today. On Wednesday, my new CK4 and Bassikounou will begin to end.

Here is my original post regarding the new Mali meteorite:

I received my "Mali" chondrites today and made some observations. I cut a
stone each of Amgala, Bassikounou and this new "Mali" stone and polished the
faces. I can say for certain the new material is NOT Bassikounou. "Mali" has
much more chondrules than Bassikounou. I do not think it is Amgala either
because "Mali" does not appear to be brecciated like Amgala. It certainly is
not Zag. I think we have a new one here, now hopefully some eye witnesses
will be found. Maybe our French friends are already on this??

Here are some photos for your own comparison:

Photo showing metal comparison of Amgala, Mali and Bassikounou:
http://www.lunarrock.com/hchondrites/dsc00010.jpg

Photo showing matrix comparison of Amgala, Mali and Bassikounou:
http://www.lunarrock.com/hchondrites/dsc00011.jpg
<<

Best regards,
Greg