[meteorite-list] Munich Show 2007 & Friday Evening at Fliegerbrau

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:00:05 +0200

Good Day List,

impatiently asked by those, who can't await it anymore:

Yes, also this year there will be the Friday-get-together with beer & more
beer (also with non-alcoholic beer for our friends from Maghreb) at the
Fliegerbraeu after the show.

As always Friday evening, November 2, from 8p.m. on.

Address is in nearby Feldkirchen.

Fliegerbr?u
Sonnenstr. 2
85622 Feldkirchen
Tel. 0 89/9 03 60 32
www.fliegerbraeu.de

Here you find a map, how to get from the fair ground there.
Starting from the main entrance/exit East, where the show halls for the
mineral fair are located.

http://kuerzer.de/Fleagerbroy

(because of my German IP, the map legend of the google-maps-thing is
displayed in German, I hope for you in English then...)

I was thinking about finding a better place, cause those Fliegerbraeu-guys
are somewhat strange and non-professional,
but didn't manage to find a suitable restaurant so close to the fair.

Anyway, the beer is good, after all those years the meteorite people know,
where it is, and most seem to like it, right?
And more than the ambience, the fun and the people are important.

Each year more meteorite people took part,
and I gave up to ask, who will join, as each time more than twice as much,
as confirmed, came, sometimes causing some narrowness.
Though nice it would be, if you could let me know, whether you'll join,
so that I could add on more places, in case.

Please also don't forget to pay your food and drinks there before leaving,
Chladni's Heirs are successful, but not so successful yet, that we could
invite you all..

For those, who have their hotels in inner city, and don't want to drive:
Fliegerbr?u is easy accessible from the city center by public
transportation. (It is safe, also at night).

For any questions, feel free to contact me.

Let me see...
Pictures of the shows/Friday Eves of the last years, you'll find on Hanno's
page: http://www.strufe.net/English/english.htm

More show pictures at Peter's place:
http://www.marmet-meteorites.com/id21.html

Show info:
http://www.mineralientage.de/?lang=en

They improved their website with some helpful features.
Was always a problem to get plans of the halls.
Now you can customize your own detailled plans, by marking the sellers
you're interested in - and afterwards you easily can print your personal
plans.
So Francescoooo, you're free!

Here you can search for meteorites offerors:
http://www.mineralientage.de/index.php?kat=68&typ=angebot

and here you can mark them in the plans of the three halls:
http://www.mineralientage.de/index.php?kat=68&typ=lageplan

Chaldni's Heirs will have their booth in hall A4.
Booth number is A4.616

Therefore this year it won't be difficult to spot a meeting-point at the
show, last year was a little collision, whether at Erich's or at Pani or at
Chladni's,
cause this year Erich's and our booths are in the same row, with only 3
tables in-between.

A hint for those coming by car, approaching from West and South:
Use the beltway A99 to get to the fairground, even if you have to
circumnavigate whole town.
Many were desperate, that they stuck in traffic for half a day, when they
tried to cross Munich. Peter tried it last year the A99 and was happy.

Hotel situation seems to be more relaxed than the year before. I even found
still rooms in the somewhat spartan Ibis close to the show at 69Euro for a
double. (Not suitable, if you're coming with your wife/husband, who is fed
up with your boring stone - there better book a hotel in city center).
Hotel rates in Munich: 45-55Euro/night is very cheap, 55-80 cheap, 80-130
normal.

Into the telephone pool I'm throwing Stefan's cell phone number,
(until the show I will have to buy one, oh modern times, my first one,
number later).
0176-20035983

But for any Munich question, it's m province, so don't call him now!

Now I hope to see as many as possible of you soon!
Martin

PS: Excuse, if double posted, but exactely that email seems not to got
through? Why? Text only... am I banned?