[meteorite-list] mail fall or not

From: Walter Branch <waltbranch_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 19:05:48 -0400

 Hi Steve,

>Can someone really give me
>any sort of guarantee that this is indeed a new
>meteorite?

Yes, it is really very simple. Why not wait until some qualified scientists
make a report to the nomenclature committee of the meteoritical society and
the results are published in the Meteoritical Bulletin.

If no material is turned over to scientists, just walk away.

That is the way it used to be done.

-Walter Branch