[meteorite-list] Jim Kriegh +

From: mexicodoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 12:26:28 -0500

Dear Jim,

The great crater in our hearts and weeping of our desert-worn eyes caused
with this news and thought of missing you can't seem real.

We will observe a day of admiration and respect in your honor today: for
your unique and wonderful accomplishments strewn across the world in the
field we love, but above all, the kindness, humility, and accessibility with
which your touched our lives a country away from you.

I am deeply saddened that we never did realize our hunt we discussed
together, but you have generously accompanied me on many excursions, many
without my mention (I wish I had said more), and will continue to do so.
Oro Valley and Tucson are changed for me, and I keep you always in mind as
one of the few unexpected treasures I found in my life without having to
look,

Jim, in you, we have a true hero, in the true sense and in every sense.

Doug Dawn