[meteorite-list] Meteorites holograms

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 07:15:20 -0400

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 11:08:26 +0200, you wrote:

>Considering that I'm not expert in holograms,
>I wonder, if anyone has taken into consideration
>to get good holograms done of rare or famous
>meteorites?

There have been times that the idea of wanting to do holography before
(especially when I've seen mention of it done with cheap, common laser pointers)
but never bit the bullet and bought the equipment/film. But I see now that
there is a cheap kit with some sort of "instant hologram" film:

http://www.litiholo.com/

This is the book I used to think about buying (but never got atround it):

http://sciencekit.com/product.asp?pn=IG0030592&bhcd2=1192014230

So you can make cheap (but obviously not pro quality) holograms at home. The
only problem is getting access to the rare and famous meteorites to make the
holos of.

I remember a hologram gallery I visited once-- they had some really impressive
ones. One was a microscope on a workbench-- and you could bend over and look
through the objective and see an insect on the stage. Another was a telescope
pointed out the window of a room, and you could look through it and see a woman
undressing in the next house over. Really impressive work.

I know that there are some laser people here, maybe they've tried something.