[meteorite-list] 15th Anniversary of the Peekskill Meteorite Fall

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 16:48:36 -0700

Mike posted:

> These stories remind me of my Peekskill experience . . .

Alex posted:

> [Remember this old tune of a certain "Mary Hopkins",
> at least you oldtimers amongst us...?? :-)]

I'm probably dating myself here, but I had the original 45 (or "single"
as we used to say in England) on the old Apple label. Remember when
"Apple" meant "Beatles," not "iPod"? : )

Mighty Mike Jensen is too modest to mention that today just happens to
be his birthday, along with Peekskill. Could you ask for a more
spectacular birthday meteorite?

Many happy returns to Mike.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, Al Lang has a fun page about the
adventures of the globetrotting Peekskill Meteorite Car here:

http://www.nyrockman.com/peekskill.htm

BTW, I make it 115 days until Tucson 2008, so make your hotel
reservations.

Geoff N.
Tucson, AZ