[meteorite-list] NEW Angrite - NWA 4801 - AD

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 16:13:02 -0400

Dear List Members,

Another week, another rare and exciting meteorite offering. I would like to
introduce NWA 4801, what I feel may be the most beautiful angrite yet
discovered (along with NWA 4590 "Tamassint"). I have loaded all that I have
except for a few small fragments on eBay under my seller name, NaturesVault.
Click here to see all that I currently have to offer, just scroll through
the pages to see the NWA 4801 Angrite specimens:

Here are a couple quick links to show the beauty and importance of NWA 4801:

Photograph of slice displaying matrix and large white anorthite clasts:
http://www.lunarrock.com/nwa4801/nwa4801slice.jpg

Optical thin section image of a 1.5 cm wide slice in partially
cross-polarized light showing clinopyroxene and olivine (colors), anorthite
(white to gray) and spinels (black):
http://www.lunarrock.com/nwa4801/nwa4801ts.jpg

Link to the abstract on NWA 4801 for the Workshop on Chronology of
Meteorites and the Early Solar System in November 2007:
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/metchron2007/pdf/4050.pdf

Link to abstract reporting ages of NWA 4801, NWA 4590 "Tamassint" and NWA
2999:
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/metchron2007/pdf/4061.pdf

I hope you enjoy the photos and if you are interested, "Good Luck" getting
that special specimen for your collection!

See all that I have currently have on eBay here:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZnaturesvault too many to list in this email
but you will certainly see something you like!

This Wednesday I have a number of other eBay auctions ending, many still at
just 99 cents. There are also several specialties with Buy it Now so if you
are interested in anything from planetary, ordinary to extraordinary, or 1-2
kilo lots, you will find it available by me, seller "NaturesVault".

Best regards and "Thank You" for bidding and/or looking,
Greg

Greg Hupe
The Hupe Collection
NaturesVault (eBay)