[meteorite-list] Fast or slow? the cheap and easy test

From: ensoramanda <ensoramanda_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 19:56:05 +0100

Hi,

I agree. The trouble is convincing the locals that in the long term it
will not attract that many tourists...especially when the crater
disappears in a few months time. The crater should have been documented
as lots have others have said and then all efforts made to try and
extract what 'may' be down there. If the Aztecs could move those stones
weighing many tons and build the magnificent
things that they did all using manpower then there are ways to do it.
Its finding the willing people to do it that is the problem.

My friend just moved a 3 ton lathe a hundred feet up hill and over a
step to the rear of his house completely on his own using levers and a
few pipes as rollers....took him 3 days...but there are always ways and
means.

Graham Ensor