[meteorite-list] A Shawnee tradition of the Holocene Start Impacts

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 18:44:47 -0700 (PDT)

Ed, Sterling and List,
  Ed your interpretations of their "myths" and the
other "myths" mentioning impacts (your
belief-interpretation by adding [impact, comet,
meteorite is sense-less]) have no bearing on fact or
science. Even Holocene Start Impact is a belief and
not a fact; Younger-Dryas group have few facts and
very questionable at best to back their hypothesis.
  These myths were recorded not by the original
peoples (native Americans) and just because some white
guy printed it or took it down does not make it fact
as I am sure he could not or did not understand what
was conveyed to him by the Elders. These are as about
as believable as the gold plates that Joseph Smith
"found".
  Belief is not fact or science and should not be
confused with such; the recorders of these myths that
you cite have no anthropological background or
scientific training on asking non-leading questions
also. If you wish to continue to advertise your book
please put AD in the subject title.
  This would be more interesting and useful IF the
Elders had stated or reported to have said stone from
sky (most native American languages, if not all, have
such words).
  Comments and corrections accepted. Apologies if I
am proved wrong.
  Best Regards, Dirk Ross...Tokyo

--- "Sterling K. Webb" <sterling_k_webb at sbcglobal.net>