[meteorite-list] WAAAAAH! Mikey got a booboo

From: Thaddeus Besedin <endophasy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 21:41:55 -0700 (PDT)

Bob and list,
Don't get me wrong: Dr. Randall Cirrhosis is obviously
manipulative and has double standards, since he
"understands" Peruvian cultural intricacies, and can
thus behave like a colonialist. I wouldn't call it
hypocrisy, since he has not made any attempt to hide
his actions from our criticism, although Mark Bostick
probably was correct assuming that Dr. Daniels is/was
probably perpetually drunk. Without any defense of
Randall Gregory, I ask how certain actions of Mike can
be held inviolable, simply because list members wish
to remain publicly unsympathetic to a man who is less
useful as a collector's means to acquire new material.
I believe I aptly label Mike by asserting that he has
demonstrated on this list an arrogance and smugness,
coupled with an adversarial, impulsive tendency to
insult other list members openly at the distance of
his security somewhere in cyberspace (I am pointing at
myself here as well - here I admit a bit of hypocrisy,
albeit only in the form of my recriminative attitude),
peddling acquisitions and exulting in his commercial
success as his right to be an insensitive chauvinist,
whose character as a social being is evidently
secondary in importance.