[meteorite-list] Peruvian Petrol prices

From: Rob McCafferty <rob_mccafferty_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 16:34:50 -0700 (PDT)

> --- Randall Gregory <randall_gregory at yahoo.com>
> wrote:

> > You paid the police a service fee for driving you
> > out to the site in their 2 trucks. Gasoline is
> very
> > expensive there. Four dollars $4 a gallon if I
> > recall.

I gotta move to Peru. That's about half the cost of
"gasoline" in the UK at the current exchange rate.

(there are 4.55 l/gal though I think a US gallon is
only 3.79 l. I'm paying $9/USgal where I live).

While the strength of Sterling does make buying from
the States very economical right now, I can't help but
imagine just how big the rocks I could buy would be if
I weren't spending so much of my salary on fuel