[meteorite-list] Fireball i Scandinavia 17th may

From: Morten Bilet <barb-o_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 20:50:04 +0200

Dear list, here some additional information about the new fireball in scandinavia at Norways nationalday 17th may time
1900 in the evening.
We have collected about 300 observations from Norway and Sweden. We are working with the data right now and if it has reach
the ground it is in Sweden (close to the border of Norway).
We have the direction and altitude and it seems that it had quite high velocity so the changes to survive is maybe small.
But it was so large that it shaked several houses and many people saw it split up in several pieces.
People heard also very high rumblings and it actually scared some people to. In a few days we know much more.
We think we have located the area in a few kilometers, but as written before it is difficult to search
with large forests and many lakes, but we will try. Further reports will come.

best wishes from Norway
Morten Bilet & Knut J?rgen R?ed ?degaard