[meteorite-list] the biggest tektite ?

From: Dieter Heinlein <dieter-heinlein_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 10:19:55 +0200

Hi Zelimir,

> - How heavy is the biggest Rizalite known on earth ?
You may be right, that the 1069 g Rizalite specimen, mentioned by H.O. Beyer
ist the heaviest Philippine Tektite.
But there is one Rizalite in my collection, that is even larger: It is a 1009 gram splash
form Tektite from Paracale with a large bubble inside. It's density is only 2.004
(common, compact tektites have densities around 2.43) and it has the size (volume)
of a Rizalite, weighing around 1223 grams.

See you in Ensisheim

Dieter