[meteorite-list] the biggest tektite ?

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Zelimir.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 08:49:51 +0200

Hi Aubrey, Norm, List

In Ensisheim (in 3 weeks from now), there will be again a substantial
selection of tektites (mostly Rizalites, Cambodianites, some "Vietnamites")
for sale (on consignment, in the consignment room) at interesting prices.
As in 2006, some Rizalite "monsters" (over 450 g) are anounced.

My 2 specific questions are more general:

- How heavy is the biggest tektite (Muong Nong not counted) known on earth ?
- How heavy is the biggest Vietnamite known on earth ?
- How heavy is the biggest Rizalite known on earth ?

For Rizalite, my best reference is the 1069 g specimen as mentioned by H.
O. Beyer ("Philippine tektites").
I could not find any "spectacular" data (i.e. over, say, 250-300 g) for
vietnamites...

Thanks and best wsihes,

Zelimir

P.S. Aubrey, very nice site! Congratulations! And these London
microtektites are really intriguing !

A 01:46 24/05/2007 +0100, Aubrey Whymark a ?crit :