[meteorite-list] Moon rock?

From: Mark Crawford <mark_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 17:59:06 +0100

I can't speak to the specifics of which metal maps to which colour, but
there are definite colour varations on the lunar surface which can be
imaged.

With a programme like Virtual Moon Atlass (free download) you can
highlight areas high in Iron, Hydrogen, Potassium etc. There's a photo
of mine here

http://astro.annasach.net/moon.html

...along with a comparison from VMA highlighting the same date.

Mark