[meteorite-list] [meteorite_sale] Iron Meteorite for sale

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 21:01:07 -0700 (PDT)

It is now clear that this is a classic Nigerian scam.
The person is looking around the internet, finding
photos of real meteorites, then trying to sell them to
suckers. In the emails to me, he wanted only western
union money for shipping the meteorite. It is clear
that he has no meteorite to ship, and will simply
pocket the money you send for shipping the meteorite
for you to look at.
People, if I have said it once, I have said it a
thousand times, deal only with people you know,
otherwise, the chances of getting ripped off are too
high.
Michael Farmer

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f306/JUtas/wals.jpg

http://www.meteorites.tv/index.html?lang=en-us&target=d428.html

> > The seller stated that it had been "analysed in
> > polytechnique de Vincent
> > Bordeaux,in France when [he] was on transit to
> > Cameroon from Mauritania."
> > I tend to be trusting with such things, but this
> was
> > an odd story, so
> > I asked for more pictures/information, etc.
> >
> > He said that he would prefer to leave it uncut,
> but
> > that it had aready
> > been analysed with the following results:
> >
> > Chemically it contains 26.7%Ni,76%martensite and
> > 24%taesite,0.072ppm Ge
> > 0.177ppm Ga and finally it is 11.7ppm Ir.
> >
> > Load of crap, as you can see, both the data and
> the
> > fact that it was
> > analysed without being cut.
> >
> > So...beware of a 'Bob Frankline' or old material
> > being passed off as a
> > 'new NWA iron.' If the story's suspicious, or the
> > irons doesn't look
> > like a desert iron, just me mindful...
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jason
> >

> > On 5/2/07, frankline bob <bobfrank2005 at gmail.com >
> > wrote:
> > > Hello Janson,
> > > I would not want to temper with this whole
> > fragment.
> > > I want to sell it in it's natural form.
> > > This meteorite was analysed in polytechnique de
> > Vincent
> > > Bordeaux,in France when i was on transit to
> > Cameroon from Mauritania.
> > > Thanks.
> > > Frankline.

> > surface? Doesn't have to show the micro-etch - I
> > know that would be hard to capture, but just
> > something to give a rough idea.
> the
> > history - such as where you had it analysed, etc?

> <bobfrank2005 at gmail.com

> > plessite-like,It
> smooth.
> > and 24%taesite,0.072ppm Ge

> <meteoritekid at gmail.com

> you
> > have any more information on it as well?

> > presently on a volunteer mission
> > Cameroon.I have an iron
> Nikel(Ni)
> > and weighs 1091gms.It was
> happened
> > to have bought it while i
> > looking.I'm offering it at a
> > interested please do get contact
> > bobfrank2005 at gmail.com for photo.

> web
> > post) | Start a new topic
> > Database | Calendar
> > offering within the posting
> > postings, therefore
> > moderation which will delayed them.

> > required)
> delivery
> > to Daily Digest | Switch format to Traditional
> of

=== message truncated ===