[meteorite-list] Disappointing meteorite purchases

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 22:55:21 +0200

> Funny part is that since we are close neighbours to Germany we (I) never
> had any troubles in receiving mail from the U.S. It just takes about a
> week or so to arive.

It?s not the geographical neighbourhood from Germany to the Netherlands here in ?ol Europe, where everything seems to be so closely together from a U.S. perspective from the other side of the pond, Jan, in fact it?s just our very own customs and bureaucracy! Though there seems to be no general rule to it. I had recent global priority mail coming in here right on time, but then again every now and then I experience week-long delays, while you are waiting and waiting and waiting... and never ever hear a word from your customs, where the specimen of your desire have most likely been set on temporary arrest. No fun - neither for the seller nor for the customer, but once you know these things can happen you should be aware of the situation, and should not be too frustrated early on with ideas of specimen-loss, on both sides of the line. They will (hopefully, and mostly do) finally arrive! :-)

Alex
Berlin/Germany