[meteorite-list] Fusion crusts on stony meteorites

From: PolandMET <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 03:34:57 +0100

 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v614/CaneySprings/NWA2826LL528gmMarcinCimalacloseup.jpgI see that I have missed topic about my meteorite.Mike, Darren, You are not right.This part is the back side of oriented stone.When uncut, it looks strange,it was very unequal. Much different than the other side, full ofregmaglyptes. This crusted part is here, on third photo on the left. This ispart that I have cut before Tucson.http://www.polandmet.com/gfx_nwa2826/000.htmCrust here is thick becouse of orientation. But I have no idea how thissmallfragments can jump into liquid crust in the air and they have still sharpedges, not burned. That a very cool one.sorry, last email was messed up some how.-----[ MARCIN CIMALA ]-----[ I.M.C.A.#3667 ]-----http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin at meteoryt.nethttp://www.PolandMET.com marcin at polandmet.comhttp://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195--------[ Member of Polish Meteoritical Society ]--------