[meteorite-list] correction on illinois irons

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 19:52:42 -0700 (PDT)

Jason,
I have asked, many times. Mr Wasson has not done me
the courtesy of an answer. He was fast on the email
though, when I bought the meteorite, demanding a ~500
gram sample since UCLA had tried to buy the meteorite
for years before I bought it. There was one problem
though, they did not pay the owner of the meteorite.
The seller got tired of waiting for UCLA to actually
write a check after some years, and sold it to me.
This angered John Wasson and he obviously, refuses to
finish the classification because of that, even after
I sent him and endcut of more than 500 grams for free.
There is little I can do, so perhaps you could ask
about it.
Michael Farmer

http://tin.er.usgs.gov/meteor/metbull.php?sea=havana&sfor=names&ants=&falls=&stype=contains&lrec=50&map=ge&browse=&country=All&srt=name&categ=All&mblist=All&phot=&pnt=no&code=11857