[meteorite-list] Forwarded AD - New Illinois Iron Meteorite?

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 00:06:39 -0700

Hi all,
        Please all do be aware I have nothing to do with this
advertisement other than a friend asked me to foreword it
to the list. I assume his posts were being blocked or long
delayed, as has been reported by many list members.
        As for the iron, itself - it looks good to me, but I am not
putting down cold hard cash - and never will for any
"meteorite" that has not been validated by a lab unless
I were purchasing from a dealer I fully trusted would give
me an immediate refund if it turned out to fail a lab test.
(IE, I bought some of that Russian "pallasite" a several years
back in Tucson from Eric Olson. He immediately refunded
my money upon returning it when it eventually was
proven (to everyone's surprise) to be a fake.
    I have seen more than one specimen that I was totally
convinced was a meteorite which then failed the test and
many I would have never have believed were "real" turn
out to be.
        Best wishes, Michael

--
"What fits your busy schedule better, exercising one hour a day
or being dead 24 hours a day?"