[meteorite-list] Who's still got their first meteorite?

From: greg stanley <stanleygregr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 11:04:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All:

  I still have my very first meteorite, which I bought on the side of the road near Winslow, Az. It?s a 25 gram Canyon Diablo Iron. I?ve had it since 1997 when I was driving from Austin, TX to Long Beach, CA. I very fun trip. I also (definitely) still have my first find, which I found last year in May in California.

  There two I will never give up. Even though I have others that are worth more, rarer, and more unusual, there is nothing like the first ones.

  ?You never forget your first.?

  Greg Stanley

Ruben Garcia <meteoritemall at yahoo.com> wrote:

  Hi all,
I'm sure I am atypical. For years I sold, traded,
lost, or gave away just about every meteorite I ever
found. It wasn't till about a year or two ago that I
actually started collecting them. Even now I only hold
on to the very best of what I find. I really regret
selling some meteorites though, as some of my very
best finds are in other peoples collections.

Ruben Garcia
Phoenix, Arizona
http://www.mr-meteorite.com

Be a PS3 game guru.