[meteorite-list] MORE PHOTOS: BL meteorite NWA1685 Achondrite clasts?

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 12:59:01 -0800 (PST)

I got the BL Meteorite 3 or 4 years ago and no more
seems to have turned up and no other dealer seems to
have had any either. Of course you never know for sure
with NWAs but it appears that I may have had it all.
I may have a couple pieces in storage in Canada with
my mother, brother or friend but I think that I only
have two slices left. These I sent to blaine reed
before I left canada (Who had them on display in
denver last year) and I got them back for the munich
show shortly afterwards (Where they were also on
display). I had I think eight pieces in munich.
I just put sandpaper to one side of each of these two
slices and it is unusually soft and powdery for an LL.
Certainly one of the nicest and most interesting
chondrites you will find.
See the photos of both sides of my last two slices
here:
http://www.meteoriteshop.com/metsale/bl.html
Cheers
DEAN
http://www.meteoriteshop.com
(PS:I would sell these for $1.90 a gram if anybody is
interested. Probably worth a lot more)

Each slice has crust on one end.