[meteorite-list] Global Warming - 'Facts'

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 11:22:29 -0400

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 09:45:45 -0500, you wrote:

>second with average air temperatures, and the third (from my wife)
>showing that gardening planting zones have moved north because of
>higher temperatures.
>
> 1a. http://maps.grida.no/go/graphic/temperatures-over-previous-centuries-from-various-proxy-records
>
>1b. http://www.cru.uea.ac.uk/cru/info/warming/
>
>1c. http://www.arborday.org/media/zones.cfm & http://www.arborday.org/media/map_change.cfm

Wow, thanks for this information, which I'd already noticed anecdotally a few
years back while researching for species of "tropical" plants like palms,
cycads, and bananas that could be hardy to my location in zone 7 South Carolina.
I noticed that the definition of zone 7 did not fit what the typical winter lows
were around here, and am successfully growing a few plants (over several winters
survival) that aren't "supposed" to survive here.