[meteorite-list] Magnetite/Glass Meteorite Balls

From: Pete Pete <rsvp321_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 00:42:54 -0400

>>....somebody here on the list recounted
their successful retrieval of micrometeoroidal dust from their
gutters this way...

Hi, all,

I suggest you don't attempt to gather celestial dust near a building - a lot
of asphalt shingles have granules with magnetic qualities.
I attempted this recently, and collected what was obviously from my own
rooftop.

Cheers,
Pete