[meteorite-list] new thread - how to tell if you are stepping up

From: almitt <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:31:54 -0500

Greetings,

I've seen the term thin slides used to describe thin sections every now and then. Having
been a big supplier of sections for many years I have never called them thin slides or slides. Wondering if this is a scientifically accepted term for thin sections or not. It's not an important issue and I am fine with calling them either way but wondering what the general consenses is, how they got name something different.

(5) you get into thin slides

--AL Mitterling