[meteorite-list] Re-2: January Comet?

From: Matthias Bärmann <majbaermann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 10:55:36 +0100

Here I've got something which could be a good mantra for all of us who will
be lucky enough to see our January comet this evening.
Friedrich H?lderlin (1770-1843), a more than legitimate resident of
Parnassus, wrote - as I don't have an official English translation
here, please excuse my private try - the original is much better.

"M?cht' ich ein Komet seyn? Ich glaube. Denn sie haben die Schnelligkeit der
V?gel; sie bl?hen an Feuer, und sind wie Kinder an Reinheit."

"Do I want to be a comet? I believe so. Because they own the velocity of
birds; they're blossoming with fire and are like children in innocence."

(quoted from the poem 'In lieblicher Bl?ue'/'In lovely blueness'; by the
way: great American painter Sam Francis once dedicated a real masterwork to
this poem - a good example for the r e a l globalization ...)

Matthias Baermann