[meteorite-list] Those Aussies!!

From: Bob WALKER <qwalkra1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 10:06:03 +1000

Martin - they are only phucken replikas

If ya peek thru the site you'll find and I quote

An unusual attraction within Cranbourne is a meteorite display. Situated
within the park on the corner of the South Gippsland Highway and Camms Road
(opposite The Settlement Hotel) are full-scale replicas of meteorites that
landed in the area in 1860.

Cranbourne still is available if ya know where to buy it from...

The dealer who hates dinosaur egg jokes has plenty for sale...

I've got a couple of small part-slices 1 x 20 g and 1 x 10 g merely becoz it
pleases me to collect small pieces of the largest Australian irons

My current focus is Queensland (Australia) meteorites... I am missing a few
but by god have lotsa new Queensland finds to swapntrade

The export regulations are not too stringent - in short if there is a
significant holding in a public institution eg a museum or institution -
then u are allowed to export - one usually contacts the geoscience curator
at the relevant state museum to arrange permission - its more komplicated in
WA where the State owns any found after a certain date...

And buckleboo to you too

No funny pictures today lol