[meteorite-list] Meteorite-list Digest, Vol 38, Issue 32

From: VisualThinker7 at aol.com <VisualThinker7_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 15:36:16 EST

In a message dated 1/7/2007 2:32:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
meteorite-list-request at meteoritecentral.com writes:

Hi, listers -

What matters (to me) for the New Jersey hole-in-
the-roof rock is its color. If its a fresh meteorite, I
think it should be covered in black stuff, whatever
you want to call it. Unless the rock is a aubrite or
from the lunar highlands.

Happy New Year!!

Allan

It's possible it was wiped or washed off before being photographed.
Most of the people involved seem to be pretty clueless... not that I, as a
New York City resident would have a poor opinion of people in New Jersey...