[meteorite-list] Tucson hotels

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 13:44:26 -0800

Hi Dave,

I realize that it's advantageous to book Tucson (or any big
show that stretches the limits of a city's accommodations) as
far in advance as possible, but the show is not that high a
priority for me, and I never know more than a few weeks ahead
of time if I'll be able attend. Fact is I've never been the
sort to make reservations for anything a year in advance just
"in case" I might go.

I don't entirely blame the hotels for jacking up the prices --
after all, someone is obviously desperate enough to pay them.
Supply and demand. Not to mention that 10 months out of the
year Tucson motels probably struggle to stay in business, so
the Gem show subsidizes the rest of the year.

--Rob