[meteorite-list] Forestburg (b) L5 chondrite

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 21:55:03 +0100

> But Dearest Uncle,

My Dear Nephew,

> To sell TS would be no good idea. As you should know, 80% of all
> TS-collectors prefer strictly TS from the mentioned source and condemn
> all other TS who don't carry that brand emblem a priori and without
> having seen them as to be of minor quality.

I believe it is only but a handful of us oldtimers knowing one of "the real sources" (i.e. the one you mean as the manufacturer) for thin sections, and willing to pay a bit more for quality, which always, I mean ALWAYS counts in the end... :-)

Look at Ebay - you will usually see a lot of cheap crappy sections offered there for comparably little money, and I believe, many thin section enthusiasts still have to learn that quality makes a difference!

> But quiet now, I'm allowing myself a luxurious moment and am admiring the
> incredible micrographs of Tom Philips!

These are great - immediately agreed!

> Nephew Buckleboo

Yours very truly,