[meteorite-list] Forestburg (b) L5 chondrite

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 21:34:46 +0100

But Dearest Uncle,

to ask a meteorite dealer, why he doesn't collect thin sections, would be
similar to ask a Formula-1-pilot if he had noticed the pattern of the petals
of the orchids at the roadside.
To enjoy TS one needs leisure and time, a meteorite dealer hasn't.

To sell TS would be no good idea. As you should know, 80% of all
TS-collectors prefer strictly TS from the mentioned source and condemn all
other TS who don't carry that brand emblem a priori and without having seen
them as to be of minor quality. (Yep you could offer them even a David New
TS without telling and they would refuse).
And as there aren't so much specialized collectors, it simply would be quite
a loss...

But quiet now, I'm allowing myself a luxurious moment and am admiring the
incredible micrographs of Tom Philips!

And you should too!
Nephew Buckleboo

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----