[meteorite-list] (no subject) Darryl Pitt...Colorado and NewJersey events

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 22:50:56 +0100

> Anyway, we aren't all dependent on trusting what the government or TV
> tell us!

True, Chris, but with respect to the incident of a spectacular early morning light show over Denver you can rely on the codes programmed by experts and data on decaying satellites provided by NORAD. You can prove this for yourself, if you use the (openly available) codes on openly available two-line-element orbital data of satellites on the internet. NORAD won?t issue these for military US spy satellites, which are sort of "classifieds", but will issue them for all the ten thousands of other near earth artifical satellites - including the decaying Russian booster rocket stage that we are talking about. And regarding the Classifieds - you can easily look them up at heavens-above.com whereever you live, no observable secrets at all - from the perspective of a groundbased artificial satellite observer using simple optical means that is.... :-)

Never saw a "Lacrosse" big spy bird on a clear, warm evening from your rocking chair? :-)

Alex
Berlin/Germany