[meteorite-list] EL6/7 meteorite loaded on eBay for one cent.4.779 kilogr...

From: STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com <STARSANDSCOPES_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 21:23:32 EST

Hi all, This is Tom Phillips (New to the list). I'm the guy that takes the
meteorite micrographs for a hobby. I have nearly 100 kilo of this
EL3/EL6/7/Aubrite and I couldn't help notice the controversy. It's hard to change
quick when other pairings are still being called something else.

I have sent samples to Ted Bunch (not self paired) of both color types and
my understanding, at the moment is, all the material, brown and blue/gray is
from the same find. The different color types have just undergone differences
in terrestrialization.

Just as a note: random lots of this material came to me in an approximate
90% brown, 10% blue/gray. This ratio may hold true but I have been told that
the early shipments were mostly brown because (at first) it was collected on
the surface (Mostly!). Now that it is being dug up, the % of blue/gray
collected, MAY go up.

I'm in no was an expert, this is just my current understanding.

Can I post micrographs to the list? Tom