[meteorite-list] Fw: Peruvian meteorite crater - friendly warning tohunters that may be considering...

From: Jose Campos <josecamposcomet_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 23:56:53 -0000

Mr. R. Gergory: What is this? You have sent an unecessary and uncalled for e-mail to the ENTIRE Meteorite List Members, with what it seems to be a veiled threat? Is this what you mean? Please explain us better.
That you may have full rights, etc. on that peruvian crater, one can accept it, and I certainly do accept it, but on a more careful reading, it can be considered that you might have gone a bit too far with some of your wording, although the heading calls it a "friendly warning"...
You should have realized that NOT everybody on this List is interested in, to quote you: "...even think about it". Save the peruvian details to yourself and to those who, once caught there, might deserve it, but remember that it will be up to the Peruvian authorities to apply the law.
I wish you a good, successful hunting on your peruvian crater.

Jos? Campos
Portugal