[meteorite-list] Looking for desert varnish

From: Laurence Garvie <lgarvie_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 00:26:24 -0700

I am studying the mineralogy and chemistry of desert varnish from the
southwestern USA. I am eager to study similar varnish from deserts
world-wide. The varnish that I am interested in forms on rocks from
desert pavements and is typically dark black, sometimes shiny. Note,
I am not particularly interested in the red varnish, which has a
different mineralogy and chemistry from the black varnish.

So, does anyone have any meteorwrongs from known locations from
Africa, Middle East, Mongolia?, or Australia that they are willing to
part with. I do not need large samples, small pebbles or cobbles are
big enough. Important though is a known location for the sample.

If anyone has samples they are willing to part with, then please
email me privately.

Thank you in advance.

Laurence

Laurence A.J. Garvie