[meteorite-list] Steve Schoner's Potter TS + 1.2 gr slice

From: bernd.pauli at paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: 16 Feb 2007 21:10:32 UT

Hello List,

I'm glad that Steve's Potter, Nebraska (L6 with L5 components) thin section
has finally made it across the Big Pond and through the German Customs "net".
It took "only" three weeks ... oh well, sigh!

I can highly recommend Steve's thin sections. My Potter TS is accurately ground
to 30 microns so that the olivines and pyroxenes display the proper interference
colors.

The quality of the glass Steve uses for his thin sections is better than what
we sometimes get from professional labs and I mean professional!

I love such combos: meteorite + meteorite TS. The 1.2-gram slice is of
exactly the same shape as the TS itself making for interesting comparisons.

> Looks like an H chondrite. Maybe an H-5 or 6.
> Could do a thin section of it to tell which type.

Hey Gary, with regard to your meso-question that is really a good idea. Why
not send specimen material to Steve and have a thin section made. This would
surely clear things up and shed light on your "high-metal" meteorite!

Thank you, Steve, for this TS and keep up the good work!

Best wishes,

Bernd