[meteorite-list] Langs Auction - Official Statement

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 13:22:16 -0500

Hello Charlie and List,

Charlie wrote,
"Greg, I am aware that you and your brother had a falling out with Al a few
years ago, for which reason, when you first opined on the Lang's Tucson
auction, I chose not to regard your opinion as objective."

Charlie, again I respect your opinion about your own "personal" dealings
with Allan and Iris Lang, but feel that unless you have been dealt a shady
hand by this pair like we and many others have, than you can only offer your
own personal experience, which sounds like you are lucky (in my opinion).

As far as the "falling out" with our dealings with the Lang's, that is an
ongoing and as-of-yet unresolved issue that we have tried over the last
nearly four years to settle peacefully and fairly. We used two of their very
close friends as mediators (one of them twice!), only to be jerked around or
ignored. Is that a way to display such honesty and integrity that the Lang's
have according to your "opinion"? This is something that will not go away
just because they choose to put on a blank face and ignore all requests to
come to a fair settlement agreement! I will not discuss details here as it
is not anyone else's business.

My remarks, or "rantings" as you put it, are objective with my personal
experience with them and I can only offer this as a way of helping others
not fall into the same trap.

Best regards,
Greg