[meteorite-list] Langs Auction - Official Statement

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 08:51:55 -0800 (PST)

Charlie, how dare you! Rantings?
Let's recap the events of last week:

I put out an email, stating that some of Al Lang's
pieces were stolen (As reported to myself and Achim
and everyone else in the room by Al and Iris).
Within minutes I got both private and public emails
from other absentee buyers in the USA and Switzerland
with proof that Iris Lang sold them the "stolen"
pieces for more than double the prices which Achim was
declared the official winner for.
The emails were dated BEFORE Achim was told the items
were "stolen".
Then I was inundated with requests for the auction
prices and winners. I posted the prices publicly and
asked to be left out of the controversy.
You call this "Ranting"? Please explain. Perhaps you
should rephrase your "Ranting" term to what you really
mean, "MEDDLING". That is what you mean right?

I read Iris Lang's email a little while ago. Very
nice, except that it fails to answer any of the
complaints against them. Why was Achim told his pieces
were "stolen" AFTER Iris has sold them to other people
for MORE THAN DOUBLE his winning prices? So she
emailed Peter Marmet and someone else who does not
want to be named with their "winning" bids of many
times more money than Achim has just won them for.
Everyone in the room wrote down the winning bids. Why
do we now have Al and Iris's winning bid #s so
different than everyone in the room's numbers?
If the money is going to set up a museum, why did I
make my check out to Al Lang, not a foundation or
museum?
Why were bidders charged far more than the bidding
increments? Why did winners win items for $5100.00 and
before they made it to the desk to pay, were then told
that they did not win, but could match an "absentee
bid" for hundreds of $$$ more even though they had
just been declared the winner for less money? Even by
"matching" and absentee bidders bid, then they would
be screwing the absentee bidder out of a specimen
because the buyer did not outbid them, just "match"
them.
Give me a break, the answers to the serious questions
and price discrepancies are what everyone is looking
for, none of these questions were answered or even
mentioned in Iris's email.

Charlie, were you in the auction room? Did you write
down the winning bids? Can you explain why nearly
every absentee bidder got totally SCREWED? Either not
having their bids counted, or being overcharged on the
winning increments?
Now, everyone makes mistakes, it is to be expected in
such an auction, but the fact that Iris sold Achims
pieces, then told him the next day that they were
stolen and caused a huge scene with him, then out
comes the truth, they were not lost or stolen as Iris
tolf him, they were just sold for more money. Now that
is nothing more than decepetion and lies, not a simple
error.

Before you say that I am "ranting" again, perhaps you
could answer any of those serious questions which were
made public by a great many people last week. You seem
to be quite willing to discard all of those questions,
throw them in the trash, and accept an email that
admits nothing but a couple of mistakes.

Dude, you are welcome to buy an oceanfront Arizona
condo from me Any day, I will compose a nice little
email saying I made a couple of mistakes after I get
my hands on your money.

Michael Farmer