[meteorite-list] TUSCON AUCTIONS

From: Bill <glixard_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 00:07:49 -0800

Dean said it best. I've been around auctions since I was a kid as well. The terms of any auction should be clear in advance. If you don't take the responsibility of educating yourself you're asking for trouble. The shame on me thing.

This by no means gives the auctioneer the right to sock you. Lang is accused for the first time I've heard, of jerking people around, other than the lang/hupe/garza stuff and Lang never bothered to tell his side of that here. The Hupes have jumped him pretty well for obvious reasons.

All auction results are public in most states. If an auctioneer doesn't want to share results, you write them down and record it yourself. You can't be restricted from doing so and sharing the results.

The Langs post public ADS here all the time. I expect them to at least answer these questions in public.

One more thing. What is the big deal about running an auction with a little over a hundred lots? I don't care what the quality may be. Anyone that can screw up an auction that small is challenged.

Bill