[meteorite-list] Lang Auction - Chain of Events

From: Greg Hupe <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 14:07:28 -0500

Dear List Members,

Achim Karl asked me to post an email he received "today" from Iris Lang:

> -----Urspr??ngliche Mitteilung-----
> Von: rockgirl2416 at bellsouth.net
> An: achimkarl at aol.com
> Verschickt: Do., 8. Feb. 2007, 10:45
> Thema: Tucson auction
>

> Dear Achim Karl,
>
> After the show ended, Allan took the room apart and finally found the
> missing
> meteorites. We had many absentee bids, and having two other people
> handling the
> auction besides ourselves created some confusions. Please give him a few
> days to
> get home and he will contact you as soon as possible.
>
> Best regards
>
> Iris Lang
> http://www.nyrockman.com

> Kostenlos: AOL eMail
> 2 GB Speicherplatz sowie erstklassiger Spam- und eMail Virenschutz.
> Sichern Sie sich Ihre pers??nliche eMail Adresse noch heute!
<<

Here is the chain of events of the Lang Auction:

Saturday February 3, 2007
"The Auction"

Monday February 5, 2007
"The Act"
Part One - Achim Karl told by Allan and Iris Lang his three lots were
stolen.
Part Two - The same three "stolen" lots were sold to two different bidders
for higher prices.

Thursday February 8, 2007
"The Cover-Up"
Achim receives email from Iris Lang claiming Allan found the "stolen" lots.

Lets see, Achim won three lots, was told they were stolen when he went to
pay for and take possession of them, these same three lots were then sold to
two other bidders for higher prices, and then three days later, after this
thread started, Achim receives an email stating Allan found the three lots.

So Peter, how do the final hammer prices Mike posted to the List compare to
what you were told you won the auctions for with your absentee bids of the
"stolen" lots?

It sounds to me like dirty hands trying to dig a deeper hole to bury this
self-imposed mess! Quite the web that has been woven...

Greg