[meteorite-list] Lang Auction

From: Mike Bandli <fuzzfoot_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 21:20:06 -0800

Michael,

I know and I agree with you. I do not agree with this procedure at all. I am
simply pointing out what could have happened and what I remember. I do
remember that some of the lot's hammers were not known, because Lang wanted
to finish them after the auction due to multiple absentee bids. Not good...

Kind regards,

Mike Bandli

Michael Farmer Wrote:

Mike, that is not how an auction works. You cant sell something, then go
back to the absentee bidders and figure out who won later, not during a live
auction. EVERY one of those items had a hammer closing price. So if the
price closed at $120.00, and the auctioneer declares SOLD for $120.00, you
cant go back later and say that an absentee bidder actually bid up to
$350.00. This is simple auction procedure. I will post my list first thing
in the morning. I have the hammer prices for every last item.