[meteorite-list] 3rd Legal Tender Meteorite Coin = Brenham

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 12:10:14 -0600

Hello Everyone,

I am pleased to announce that a proposal of mine for a 3rd legal tender
meteorite coin has just been approved. While there are several steps from
now until the coin is minted, I am happy to say that this coin will feature
Brenham meteorite olivine crystals. I could not keep making meteorite coins
and not have one done with a Kansas meteorite. Plus the first (legal tender
coin, not token as most ?meteorite coins? are) was a stony meteorite, the
second an iron so a stony-iron seemed a logical next step.

By using the olivine crystals, we will be sidestepping any problems that
collectors may have towards Brenham (mind you, the recent Brenham Meteorite
Company finds seem quite stable overall).

Preliminary designs have the coin featuring a Buffalo (or Bison). The
demand for Buffalo coins, since the 2004 nickels have skyrocketed and since
this will be the first one with a US meteorite, I think they will be quite
popular.

Production of this coin, right now, is set at only 1,000 coins...the same as
the Nantan coin which sold out instantly and a good share of these will be
acquired by the Kansas Meteorite Society.

Because of this fact, and that I would like everyone to have a chance to
acquire one, I will be offering them for sale when they are first available
so if you are interested in them, let me know and I will put you on a
contact list. Cost of the coins should be around $60.00, and I will
guestimate it will be six months before they are ready. As time goes by I
will know more.

Another added bonus (perhaps?) by getting one from me is I can hand sign the
certificates?which like the first two will come certified by me with a
printed signature.

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
Kansas Meteorite Society