[meteorite-list] Tucson 2007

From: Jan Bartels <jan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 19:02:03 +0100 (CET)

Dear Listoids,

Just home from the tucson show and reading all the posts on the list of
the people who are still there....aaaarrrggggrrrhhh.
We sure were happy to meet old friends and also for sure many new ones.
Marvin and Kitty Killgore kindly invited us for the past two weeks in
their home, first one week in Payson and the last week in Tucson during
the show.

As always it was a blast!! The Birthdaybash just fantastic. The funny
thing is that this time we did not return with to many meteorites but with
a huge jaw of a great white shark. besides meteorites, we have a
respectable shark jaw collection as well.

In the week we spend in Payson we went to the Meteor Crater again where we
got married two years ago and also went by the ruins of the old meteorite
museum.
The whole area was covered with snow and was an awesome experience.

At the museum we collected some of the curved glass fragments which can be
seen on the old pictures of the museum when it was still intact. If any of
you never been to the ruins before but still would like a nice souvenir
let us know and we'll send a piece to you which measures about 2 inch in
square. We have about ten pieces so respond off list quickly to be sure
you'll get one of them.

For those stil at the show..have fun!! And for those who never went
there.....go next year...it's awesome!!

Greets from rainy and cold Holland,

Jan & Yvonne Bartels.
Heavenly Bodies Meteorites.