[meteorite-list] chatoyant chondrules/inclusions?

From: Phil Morgan <pkmorgan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 09:17:52 -0700

I was cutting an NWA the other day and noted a white chondrule among some
other smaller chondrules. Later I couldn't find the chondrule and noticed
that I can only see it at a certain angle. Don't know if chatoyancy is the
correct term for this, but it's the closest I could come. It reminds me of
a cat's eye agate as the angle changes.

I've never noticed this before. Is this uncommon?

It's difficult to photograph and this is the best I could do.

Now you see it...
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/pkmorgan/share/chatoyant1.jpg

And now you don't... but I think some others showed up in the right-hand
side of the image
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/pkmorgan/share/chatoyant2.jpg

And one more at 90 degrees
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c57/pkmorgan/share/chatoyant3.jpg