[meteorite-list] Chips Off an Old Lava Flow (Lunar MeteoriteKalahari 009)

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 15:17:44 -0800 (PST)

Thank you for that post, Jerry,

I think the term Pre-Mare Basalt is a good one for
now. It looks like the terms "Highlands" and "Mare"
are beginning to show their age as is the H.E.D.O.
system for describing some achondrites. The diversity
of Lunar meteorites is starting to stress the simple
Highlands/Mare designations adopted by the NASA Apollo
group.

Best Regards,

Adam

http://www.psrd.hawaii.edu/Dec07/cryptomareSample.html