[meteorite-list] Tunsguska the movie

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 17:26:44 -0600

Hi, Michael, List,

Michael wrote:

> If you want a lesson in denial, read the archives on the
> HUGE number of list members regarding the denial of
> Global Warming. And this is a list consisting of people
> WAY above average in both intelligence and educational
> Achievement.

1. PLEASE, nobody start a GW thread. I'm not trying
to do that. No thread. I'm biting my tongue here, people.

2. To state that a scientific issue can no longer be evaluated,
discussed, or even argued, to imply that individuals who do so
are mentally defficient or uneducated, to attempt to invalidate
any reasoned viewpoint that does not agree with your own, is:
    a) bad manners
    b) bad judgment
    c) bad science
    d) ideological compulsion (otherwise known as -- no,
wait, I'm biting my tongue...)

3. The comment was gratuitious and totally unnecessary
in a discussion of the 0.7499950384-mile diameter Barringer
crater. Let's just settle it and call it three-quarters of mile...

Sterling K. Webb
(from the deck of my barge
as I drift down De Nile...)